utility has unique criteria which it needs to address in order to justify the
technology investment and achieve bottom line results in operations, business
performance, and customer service.
- Cut costs – remotely perform many of the functions which once required on-site attention such as meter reading, move-in & move-out, power quality monitoring and disconnect/reconnect.
- Private network – no unexpected rate increases or dependence on third-party communications provider; stabilizes network operating costs.
- Deployment ease – achieve fast, low-cost and long range coverage with minimal infrastructure via 220 MHz radio or leverage existing fiber, WiFi or cellular network. Two or more WAN options can operate simultaneously.
- Better billing – faster bill remittance via streamlined invoice generation & ability to implement online billing; narrow billing cycles and accelerate the meter-to-cash cycle.
- Smart evolution – migrate to broadband network without a complete system overhaul; TUNet can grow with the grid and offers virtually limitless scalability.
- Unified network – TUNet is a low maintenance network that supports multiple applications (billing, OMS, CIS) and resources (electric, water & gas) on a single platform.
- Call center – reduce call center activity; quickly resolve customer inquiries through online access to detailed account profiles, consumption reports (individual, groups or aggregate), and usage information.
- Data integrity – better information leads to more predictable power management and a reduced need for spot purchases. Utilities also gain the accurate and timely information required for regulatory reports.
- Integrate information – establish a central data repository accessible across the enterprise. Combine data for efficient reporting & analysis. Eliminate need to maintain multiple systems stored in data silos.
- Intelligent planning & maintenance – optimize capital planning by accurately measuring transformer, feeder & substation loading. Detect malfunctioning equipment before it fails.
- End-to-end service – provide a uniform, high-level of service throughout a distribution area, even to the most remote endpoint.
- Empower customers – introduce dynamic pricing programs such as TOU, CPP and RTP and monitor their success.
- Clean & green – empower consumers with information that helps them better manage energy costs and use. Introduce load control and other initiatives that get people involved in conservation and cost containment.
- Messaging & signaling – Use the In-Home Display as a means to broadcast current energy rates or when curtailment events are in effect to all customers or defined groups of participants.
- Tailored services – create attractive rate structures and offer value-added services by analyzing customer consumption patterns.
With TUNet, the business case drives deployment. Choose a full, partial or staged implementation based on your utility's budget, goals and project timing.
Surgical Deployment allows a utility to capture big benefits early on and accelerate ROI by targeting high need, high return accounts first.
Low-cost, long-range coverage, multi-application support and true scalability enables a utility to introduce TUNet when, where & to whatever degree makes the most sense.
Name the pain. Name the opportunity:
- Eliminate high cost reading routes to homes on the edge of a service area or at unmanned sites
- Automate move-in / move-out procedures at apartment complexes
- Target new subdivisions or industrial parks
- Implement remote disconnect / reconnect at chronically delinquent accounts
- Enact time-of-use billing and load profiling at industrial sites
- Continuously monitor power quality at end-of-line locations to reduce sags and swells